Monday, August 3, 2009

Diana's First Ponderings

Last week was interesting for me. I found out Courtney is a drill sergeant (thanks for that) and that I have gotten back some will power. And, I'm a starter! Well, I've known that but that was reaffirmed last week.

Firstly, I've been on Weight Watchers for 13 months now and lost weight during the first 6 months. Then, I basically quit. I was still paying for it and going to meetings but quit exercising, journaling, and being responsible for my outcomes. I had loads of excuses but wasn't holding myself accountable. Until Courtney put on her military hat and sunglasses and whip! But, with that support - I lost 4 lbs my first week recommiting to WW. So, thank you, thank you!

I also have decided to retrain for a 5k. Courtney, Lora, and I completed a 5K November 1, 2008 and that's pretty much when I quit exercising. But, I enjoyed finishing it and really need the goal to commit to! So, I have new podcasts and will be restarting tomorrow!

Also, thanks to Lora I'm trying to pay more attention to portion sizes. That is, what does 1 cup of something look like. She's right - I can't be measuring and weighing foods forever. I need to be able to "eyeball" it. So, thank you!

So, ya'll have a great evening and I'm sure I'll see you both soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Us